Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ozeri Ceramic Frying Pan Review





As many of you know, I've become a fan of Ozeri after using their ceramic wok. It's still one of my favorite pans, so when Ozeri offered me the chance to try their 10" Ceramic Frying Pan I was all over it!

Isn't that a gorgeous pan? It's made using GREBLON ceramic, which is supposed to be ultra-safe and is from Germany. It's 100% PTFE and PFOA free (no nasty chemicals or heavy metals).

The bottom of the pan makes heat transfer well, while still keeping it light. It also has a silicon handle, so it doesn't get too hot.

Now to the really important stuff.... how nonstick it is!

My 10 year old made this omelet... it was the first time he'd ever been able to flip it so that it didn't break apart. THAT is how nonstick it is!

Not only that, I threw some cheese in the pan and fried it, just as a test (while I really like fried cheese, it's way too much of an indulgence to just cook. It's so much better dripped off a grilled cheese or a fried egg sandwich!)

Look at this! It didn't stick at all, even the super melty American-style cheese (don't judge!) The textured bottom apparently helps make it more non-stick, but it's the only thing I don't really like about this pan. It makes hexagons on my food! Although I suppose I can live with that since it's so easy to cook in.

The coating is 100% ceramic over heavy-duty die-cast aluminum. It makes for a strong, lightweight pan that doesn't stick! And barely needs cleaning...

This is what it looked like after the omelet came out! It could've just been wiped out (but I like to know my kitchen gear is clean). Still, all it took was a quick wash. No scrubbing, no soaking, just hot water, soap and a swipe of the sponge.

Want one of your own? You can find them in 8", 10" or 12" from Amazon. You can also find them on Facebook and their other products here.

4 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to get a ceramic fry pan for a while. I hear they cook really well and clean up is a breeze. Maybe I will ask for one for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to own a set of these pans

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be a great pan to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks amazing! Perfect for crepes and omelets. I love the color too.

    ReplyDelete