Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Ravings of a Sleep-Deprived Woman

Now, we've all had the day (or week, or year!) where you're stumbling around in a sleep deprived fog. It's a fact of life, and it sucks, but it's still life. As a mom, I should be used to it by now, but I'm much less used to it now than I was when I was working 70+ hours a week.

As a working woman (not a mom), 5 hours was my normal sleep for the night and I only got crazy tired with 3 hours or less. Now that I'm a WAHM, I need 8 hours of sleep at night! I know, it's crazy! Our whole family are late-to-bed, late-to-rise people (the kids included), so even when I know I have to get up early for something, I still can't get to sleep earlier than 1 or 2, which really sucks when you're getting up at 6:30 to help out a friend!

I've tried just about everything I can think of to keep myself awake and it's no longer working. I don't drink coffee, but I've tried caffeine, healthy snacks, non-healthy snacks, exercise, wrestling with the kids... but everything just makes me worse.

I'm whining, and I know it... so I'm going to say goodbye and start working on my first Blog Giveaway! Hopefully I can stay awake long enough to set it up. Sleep well!

1 comment:

  1. I know all too well this feeling!!! I hope you get some sleep soon.. I'm typing this at 2:50am!! AAHH!!

    ReplyDelete