A healthy family is one of the most important things we can ask for, and we can help keep our family healthier using Lysol's new idea of Healthing. There are germs everywhere, you can't completely avoid them, but keeping the nasty ones out of our house (and my kids!) is very important to me.
Lysol also wants to keep your family as healthy as possible, which is why they introduced Healthing, a new idea that looks beyond just cleaning and ensures that the proper steps are taken to stay well.
Healthing is the extension of LYSOL and its Mission for Health, the motivation behind the creation of their products that are centered on killing 99.9 percent of germs and providing solutions for the home that help promote good hygiene and disinfection.
One important way to integrate Healthing into your home is to understand the difference between cleaning and disinfecting, as both are important components of the Healthing process. While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between family members.
So this Spring, instead of just cleaning out your closet, think ahead and make your home not just a clean home, but a healthy home.
LYSOL Healthing Tips1. Don’t let spring cleaning overwhelm you - take it one room at a time and stock up on products that will help you to get the job done effectively, including LYSOL® products, paper towels, sponges, and trash bags.
2. Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting! Both are important components of the Healthing process and LYSOL® has products that can help with all related tasks. While cleaning and organizing is certainly important, killing germs on commonly touched surfaces can lower the risk of spreading bacteria and viruses between members of the family.
3. Start with the basics – wipe down easy to reach surfaces and then move onto the little nooks and crannies.
4. Remember to dust around wall art, photographs and woodwork.
5. Use a disinfectant product, like LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes, to help ensure you’re killing germs as you clean, and think beyond the usual places. Be sure to clean even the smallest surfaces, such as light switches.
6. Don’t forget to disinfect places that you don’t see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles or sink drains.
7. Make it a family activity and tailor tasks to specific age groups. Give younger children simpler, one-step tasks like dusting or picking toys up off the floor, and save the more complex jobs, such as vacuuming, scrubbing, and disinfecting for older members of the family.
8. Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Number 5 is a huge one in our house! I keep containers of Lysol Wipes on all my bathroom and kitchen counters, and when I leave a room I grab one and wipe things. Door knobs, light switches, faucets, counters, toilet handles, etc. It takes literally 15 seconds and kills millions of nasty germs!
For LYSOL, Healthing goes beyond its products to provide the education and motivation to keep a healthy home and family. This includes:
Connecting with 65,000 schools to promote healthy habits and good hygiene.
Providing educational programs that reach 50 percent of new moms with health and wellness related to caring for their newborns.
Working with trusted third-party organizations to promote the ideas that Healthing embodies, which include the National PTA, the Global Hygiene Council and the National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, to name a few.
Want more information? Visit Lysol at:
“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.”