Monday, November 4, 2013

T.G.I.M.!

I know, TGIM isn't something most people would ever say. And I normally dread Mondays because that's my catchup day for laundry, basic cleaning and all that fun stuff. Plus I hate having to get up early in the mornings, so Mondays normally are not my friend!

But today was a wonderfully quiet day for me! This weekend was our first free weekend in months, and it was a 3 day weekend for the kidlets. The hyped-up, candy filled, Halloween monsters that live in my house. Plus Scooter is sick with a bad cold (that she's shared with most of us), so we didn't make it out to do anything fun this weekend. So by Sunday night I was ready to pull the covers over my head and hide. For a long time.

However, thanks to being home this weekend I managed to get almost all the laundry done and the house reasonably straightened up yesterday.

So even though the little one is sick (and spent a good portion of the day laying on me), it was quiet. We read books and snuggled and I didn't have to worry about rushing around cleaning or doing 5000 loads of laundry (I know I'm exaggerating, but only slightly).

Plus my neighbor brought over warm chocolate chip cookies!

And now they're all in bed. So although I could crawl into bed and pull the blankets over my head, I'll play on my computer instead!

What's your favorite/least favorite thing about Mondays?

0 comments:

Post a Comment