The Work Husband
Sophie Ranald
You’re just friends that work together. Nothing more. Right?
When Georgia’s boyfriend Sam tells her he’s meeting up with his ex, she’s living every girlfriend’s worst nightmare. Because it’s not just any ex, it’s his first love – the relationship everyone thought would last forever. Convinced she’s one pinot-grigio-fuelled evening away from having to argue custody of their beloved cat, she turns to her work husband for help.
Jamie fixes all Georgia’s work crises (like that time she jammed the printer so badly it started smoking…) so when he suggests faking a romance to make Sam jealous, she’s all ears. After all, he’s already her work husband, how hard can it be to pretend he’s something more?
From flirty texts to a dangerous number of G&Ts in the local pub, Jamie’s declarations of love soon start to get out of hand. Suddenly, Georgia’s not sure her work husband was the best choice to help her keep hold of her (hopefully) future husband.
Georgia has watched enough romcoms to know office romances are not a good idea and, as she soon finds out, even fake ones can be dangerous… Is she prepared for what happens when fake dating turns out to be not so fake after all?
A totally heartwarming contemporary romance, perfect for anyone who has ever thought about crossing the line at work. Perfect for fans of Emily Henry, Sophie Kinsella and Mhairi McFarlane.
- Amazon: https://geni.us/B0H741GVVPsocial
My thoughts:
Georgia and Sam have been together for quite some time, live together, and have a happy life. Yet when Sam mentions that he's going to visit his ex but refuses to say any more, Georgia begins to worry.
Enter her good friend and work husband Jamie, who claims that making Sam jealous will bring him back to her. Georgia thinks it's a crazy idea that won't work, but eventually caves when Sam keeps running off to be at another woman's beck and call.
Will the plan succeed or blow up in their faces? Will Georgia pick the right guy and have her Happy Ever After?
I greatly enjoyed this book. I read it quickly, laughed out loud, teared up, and once wanted to throw my e-reader across the room in frustration (I don't recommend this btw!) It was somewhat predictable, as you'll often find with books of this type, but definitely was not what I expected at the end!
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for the advanced copy.
Readers are loving The Work Husband:
‘Knocked my socks off in a good way… I sobbed in places, laughed in others… I cringed thinking oh my god. I devoured this book in one sitting.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘I could not put this book down! It was absolutely amazing… I loved every minute of it… Amazing.’ Bookish_jessx, ⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘I couldn’t put it down and I read it in one sitting. I loved.’ Emmas_books_and_more, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘Brilliant… I couldn’t help smiling.’ _believeinyourshelf, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘Charming and laugh-out-loud… perfectly combines workplace banter, fake dating, and heartfelt romance.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Author BioSophie Ranald is the youngest of five sisters. She was born in Zimbabwe and lived in South Africa until an acute case of itchy feet brought her to London in her mid-20s. As an editor for a customer publishing agency, Sophie developed her fiction-writing skills describing holidays to places she’d never visited. In 2011, she decided to disregard all the good advice given to aspiring novelists and attempt to write full-time.
After one false start, It Would Be Wrong to Steal My Sister’s Boyfriend (Wouldn’t It?) seemed to write itself. Four further novels followed, and she became part of the Bookouture family in 2018. Sophie also writes for magazines and online about food, fashion, finance and fitness. She lives in south-east London with her amazing partner Hopi and Purrs, their adorable little cat.
You’re just friends that work together. Nothing more. Right?
When Georgia’s boyfriend Sam tells her he’s meeting up with his ex, she’s living every girlfriend’s worst nightmare. Because it’s not just any ex, it’s his first love – the relationship everyone thought would last forever. Convinced she’s one pinot-grigio-fuelled evening away from having to argue custody of their beloved cat, she turns to her work husband for help.
Jamie fixes all Georgia’s work crises (like that time she jammed the printer so badly it started smoking…) so when he suggests faking a romance to make Sam jealous, she’s all ears. After all, he’s already her work husband, how hard can it be to pretend he’s something more?
From flirty texts to a dangerous number of G&Ts in the local pub, Jamie’s declarations of love soon start to get out of hand. Suddenly, Georgia’s not sure her work husband was the best choice to help her keep hold of her (hopefully) future husband.
Georgia has watched enough romcoms to know office romances are not a good idea and, as she soon finds out, even fake ones can be dangerous… Is she prepared for what happens when fake dating turns out to be not so fake after all?
A totally heartwarming contemporary romance, perfect for anyone who has ever thought about crossing the line at work. Perfect for fans of Emily Henry, Sophie Kinsella and Mhairi McFarlane.
- Amazon: https://geni.us/B0H741GVVPsocial
My thoughts:
Georgia and Sam have been together for quite some time, live together, and have a happy life. Yet when Sam mentions that he's going to visit his ex but refuses to say any more, Georgia begins to worry.
Enter her good friend and work husband Jamie, who claims that making Sam jealous will bring him back to her. Georgia thinks it's a crazy idea that won't work, but eventually caves when Sam keeps running off to be at another woman's beck and call.
Will the plan succeed or blow up in their faces? Will Georgia pick the right guy and have her Happy Ever After?
I greatly enjoyed this book. I read it quickly, laughed out loud, teared up, and once wanted to throw my e-reader across the room in frustration (I don't recommend this btw!) It was somewhat predictable, as you'll often find with books of this type, but definitely was not what I expected at the end!
Thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for the advanced copy.
Readers are loving The Work Husband:
‘Knocked my socks off in a good way… I sobbed in places, laughed in others… I cringed thinking oh my god. I devoured this book in one sitting.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘I could not put this book down! It was absolutely amazing… I loved every minute of it… Amazing.’ Bookish_jessx, ⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘I couldn’t put it down and I read it in one sitting. I loved.’ Emmas_books_and_more, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘Brilliant… I couldn’t help smiling.’ _believeinyourshelf, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘Charming and laugh-out-loud… perfectly combines workplace banter, fake dating, and heartfelt romance.’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sophie Ranald is the youngest of five sisters. She was born in Zimbabwe and lived in South Africa until an acute case of itchy feet brought her to London in her mid-20s. As an editor for a customer publishing agency, Sophie developed her fiction-writing skills describing holidays to places she’d never visited. In 2011, she decided to disregard all the good advice given to aspiring novelists and attempt to write full-time.
After one false start, It Would Be Wrong to Steal My Sister’s Boyfriend (Wouldn’t It?) seemed to write itself. Four further novels followed, and she became part of the Bookouture family in 2018. Sophie also writes for magazines and online about food, fashion, finance and fitness. She lives in south-east London with her amazing partner Hopi and Purrs, their adorable little cat.





%20-%20Lifestyle%20copy.png)








0 comments:
Post a Comment