Monday, June 11, 2012

Let's Get Walking!

Okay so summer's here, which means I'll be active with the kids a lot. However, it also means that my walking "date" several times a week has been changed, since we'd be dragging 6 kids with us (instead of just the 2 in strollers), and for some reason they don't appreciate walking 5 miles at a pretty quick pace... they'd rather run and play and stop and then start whining that their feet hurt.

So now I'm trying to come up with a way to make sure I get enough walking in every day. I've got a tracker on the top of the page and a brand new pedometer.

My goal for the rest of the month is just over 7000 steps a day. I know that's still not great, so I'm hoping to be up to the 10,000 for next month. Friday I walked 5 1/2 miles by 11am (which is about 11,000 steps), so I know that 10,000 isn't out of reach. I just don't want to kill myself right off the bat, and it leaves me a little leeway for those lazy days.

I'll keep you updated about how it's going, but in the meantime how do you make sure you get enough steps into your day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment